The Application tab lets you search for application logs in your cluster. These application logs are responsible for debugging those applications that might not work as expected. The log files contain events that occur during the application run.
Searching Application Logs
You can search for logs of applications and associated services installed in your cluster. These logs are displayed within the timeline you select.
To search for application logs, do the following.
- From the left panel, you can apply the following criteria for searching a log file.
- Services: Displays the list of services used in the integrated applications. These services display the time stamp at which the associated logs were last captured at.
- Filters: Displays the list of following filters for a better search: host.name and source.
To search a host name or source from the available list, type the hostname or source in the respective search box. If the value exists, the list displays that value automatically.
- Click the search icon placed near the search text box at the top of the page.
- You can alternatively type your search query manually and click the search icon.
- The query string accepts only boolean operators.
The filtered logs are displayed in the log details pane below the search bar.
Log Details Pane
The log details pane displays the following details of a log file.
- Log Time: The time at which the log was captured.
- Message: The detailed message of the event that ocurred in the application at a certain time. Message displays values in the following format.
(Message body) (Host name) (source).
The logs are divided in the following severity levels.
Note: You can click a label to view the log of that severity level.
You can group the logs by Trace, Severity, or Host. Click the Group By drop-down label in the top left corner of the log details panel and select a grouping criteria.
Searching by Phrase
To search a word or phrase in a log, do the following.
- Click Highlight Text in the top-right corner of the Audit screen.
A text box appears.
- You can input a string in the search box using either of the following ways.
- Type the phrase or word in the text box and press the enter key.
Note: Click Match Phrase to return results that contain the exact words of the string, in the same order as provided.
- Select and copy the text from the log window that you want to search, and paste it in the search box and press the enter key.
The written or pasted text if found, is highlighted in the log messages. You can also search multiple phrases or words.
Saving a Search Query
To save a search query, do the following.
- Type the query in the search box and click the icon.
A Save Search window appears.
Type a name for the search query in the Name text box.
The search query is saved.
Loading a Saved Query
To load a query from the search queries you saved, do the following.
- Click the Search button in the left side of the search box.
- From the available list of saved queries, click the query you want to load.
The query is loaded and associated logs are displayed.