The Applications Explorer board displays the status of applications that run on YARN. You can do the following using this dashboard.
- View inconsistent applications or incidents.
- View recommendations for faulty apps.
In Applications Explorer, click any filter and choose a criteria to display the results. You can filter applications by the following criteria.
|Queues||The list of queues used in YARN.|
|App Type||The type of application submitted to YARN for execution.|
|Status||The status of the job.|
|Users||The user executing the job in the application.|
Searching a Record
To search a record in Applications Explorer, do the following.
- Click the search bar located in the top of the dashboard.
- Type the name of the field along with the value you are searching for.
For example, if you are searching for application ID
id:application_1595970633553_0547in the search bar and press enter.
For jobs of every application type you submit, you can view recommendations to optimize the performance of your jobs. These recommendations are based on jobs submitted by applications in the YARN queue of your Hadoop cluster.
To view recommendations for optimization of jobs, do the following.
- Click Recommendations button in the top.
A Recommendations tile is displayed. The recommendation is displayed in the following format.
Number of applications, potential problem category.
2 Apps, High memory status means that two applications might have high memory issues.
- In the Recommendations tile, click the recommendations for the problem category you want to view.
The IDs of applications that have recommendations in that category are displayed.
- Click the application ID in the table to view the recommendation.
To view incidents in the application explorer, do the following.
- Click Incidents button in the top.
An Incidents tile is displayed. The incident is displayed in the following format.
Number of incidents, service name whose incident was reported, **View incidents** link
2 Incidents, Hadoop Service, View Incidents status means that two incidents were raised by Hadoop service.
- Click View incidents to know more.
The Incidents window is displayed.
The Incidents page displays the list of incidents raised by a service. Each incident is displayed in the following format.
(Incident name ) (Time start time and end time of the incident) (The host on which the incident was raised) (Severity of the incident) (Status of the incident, whether cleared or raised)
The following image is an example of the incident format.
Viewing Incident Details
To view incident details, click the incident name to expand the details.
A Details and Alert tab are displayed.
- The Details tab displays all details of the incident.
- The Alert tab lets you edit the alert raised by the incident. Click the Edit button to edit the fields of the alert.
- From the incident details window you can also do the following to view the date and time at which the incident was raised and evaluated.
- Click Raised at to expand detailed information of the date and time at which the incident raised.
- Click Evaluated at to expand detailed information of the incident evaluation.
By default, the table in the dashboard lets view the following metrics of jobs carried out by applications installed in YARN.
|ID||The ID of the application.|
|Variance||The value that displays by how many times the application is running slow.|
|Type||The type of application.|
|Final Status||The status of the application when the associated job completed execution. The final status can be either of the following.|
Succeeded, Failed, Killed, Undefined, Unknown.
|Name||The name of the job.|
|User||The name of the user executing the job.|
|Memory||The amount of memory consumed by the job.|
|vCores||The amount of vCores used by the application.|
|Duration||The time consumed to complete the job.|
|Queue||The name of the queue the application resides in.|
|Started||The time at which the job in the application started.|
|Ended||The time at which the job in the application ended.|
|cpuUsePercent||The amount of CPU used (in %) by the application.|
|avgCore||The average number of cores used.|
|avgMemoryMb||The average amount of memory used (in MB).|
|maxMemoryMb||The maximum amount of memory used (in MB).|
|memoryUsePercent||The amount of memory used (in %).|
|containers||The number of containers used by the application.|
|hosts||The list of hosts the application executed jobs on.|
|memoryMbSec||The rate of memory utilization.|
|coresSec||The rate of core utilization.|
|totalTime||The total time taken to execute the job.|
The metrics table might display the following icons for a record. Click these icons to know more.
- The alert icon displays the service(s) of the application that might require attention.
- Displays more details of the selected application ID.
- Displays the following options.
Add to Compare: Compares any two jobs to list the configuration difference. Choose this option for any two jobs in the table that you want to compare.
View Concurrency: Displays the list of jobs that were running at the same time as the selected application ID.
For every record, you can view the status log. To view the logs, click the icon in the Status column of the record whose log you want to view, as shown in the following screenshot.
To add a column to the Applications Explorer table or to remove a column, do the following.
In the top right column of the table, click the Table Settings icon .
A Select Column window appears.
From the available list of columns, select the column name you want to add to the table or deselect a column name you want to remove from the table.
Close the Select Column window.
The table is modified.